Monday, February 1, 2010

Double mutations

Question for Carl-

On Sunday you mentioned that you could have 2 quickness mutations, and after you left I went through the list of mutations and discussed other possible mutations with Danny that could possibly work to have two or more of them. Now the number of mutations we found was extremely small and I was wondering if Double of a mutation works for all parts of the mutation, such as you said for quickness you could run at 4x speed and not 2x, do you get 2 extra attack rounds or just 1?

Also, quick mind has 1/3 required learning speed and 30% tech bonus, if it was allowed for it to be doubled it could be pretty insane which is why I'm asking this question in the first place. Well and I want to make a monster with a double mutation.

1 comment:

  1. I think in both of those cases you could have the mutation twice. Quadruple movement and two extra attacks with Quickness x 2, 1/6th required learning speed and 60% tech bonus on Quick Mind x2. Of course, rolling double mutations is pretty rare, and even rarer to roll one that would actually synergise with itself. I think I would rule that the various combat empathy and bartering stuff could be doubled as well.

    ReplyDelete