Monday, March 28, 2011

Musical gift

Here are some ideas for benefits from leveling up musical gift.

  • replace 1 D6 with a D4
  • gain a charisma bonus
  • allow a song to stay active for 1D4 or 1D6 rounds without sustaining the song.
  • ability to use the "let it ride" rule on songs that succeed but have a chance of failure. (We have yet to discuss if I can already do this but I thought I would post something about it since some songs auto succeed based off my high charisma.)
  • make a single target song have an aura that hits anything in range (friendly fire or enhancing the enemy issues exist.)
  • gain a passive bonus that makes it easier to succeed at a song when not facing an enemy alone. (group safety bonus, could possibly require that I'm not in direct line of fire with an enemy.)
  • sacrificial ability (example: I get stunned for 2D6 rounds to auto succeed something extremely hard, such as a 7D6 or 8D6 song.)
  • entice: sacrifice my next turn to force an enemy to "let it ride". The sound I produce is just that bad. (another example of a sacrificial ability)
  • emotional guidance: It is easier to influence emotions through song.
I tried to give a lot of different ideas so that maybe musical gift could have several levels. Let me know what you think and hopefully we can scrap together something off my suggestions and your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment